CELEBRITY Cruises’ iconic “X” is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time.
And NOW they are going even more bespoke with the World’s first revolutionary new ship that’s poised to change the way guests experience the world.
With its visionary design, it will raise the bar on cruise vacations to even greater heights.
Introducing Celebrity EdgeSM, the first in Celebrity Cruises’ new class of ships designed to leave the future behind.
Celebrity Edge marks a turning point in Celebrity’s approach to ship design.
From the very first sketches, to a new innovative way to experience those designs in a virtual reality setting, every step was done in 3-D, making Edge the first ship to be completely designed in 3-D.
This allowed every detail to be reviewed, fine-tuned and perfected.
From the incredible new Magic Carpet to the private plunge pools in the Edge Villas, Celebrity was able to design the most refined ship at sea – before even starting to build it.
One of the biggest influences on the design of Edge was the desire to make the destination experience even more immersive – starting right on board. Celebrity Edge has a unique, outward-facing design that breaks from traditional ship design.
On Celebrity Edge, guests will feel more connected with the sea and the exciting places they will visit in a variety of spaces ranging from the Edge Staterooms, featuring Infinite VerandasSM, to the reimagined, terraced pool deck that offers even greater views of the destinations and every glorious shimmer of ocean in-between.
When it came time to choose a name for this visionary new vessel, Celebrity looked no further than the very thing that makes the ship so unique – the fact that during two years of exploration and excitement every single design element has been taken to the leading-edge of possibility. Celebrity Edge. There was no other choice.
A holistic wellness journey like no other on land or at sea, Celebrity Cruises unveils The Spa on Celebrity Edge.
With more than 22,000 sprawling sq. ft. for guests to renew, restore, and reinvigorate, The Spa was inspired by nature, and masterfully designed by world-renowned designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, and features an ahh-inspiring assortment of treatments in collaboration with industry-leading partners.
“Our aspiration for The Spa was the same aspiration we have for Celebrity Edge – to provide our guests with a deeper and more profound connection to the sea,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises.
“To start the revolution in relaxation, we turned once again to the visionary Kelly Hoppen to completely transform the spa experience and develop an atmosphere that envelops you in luxury and soothes your soul from the moment you walk in.”
To create an environment that is both in harmony with nature and undeniably luxurious, Celebrity collaborated with Hoppen, who passionately brought her warm opulence to Celebrity Edge’s accommodations, including the suites and The Retreat.
“The spa has always been a sacred space to me; as a young girl, I always dreamt of designing my very own spa and Celebrity Edge proved to be the perfect outlet for living out my dreams,” said Hoppen.
“A spa is a place where one goes to relax and be pampered, so for me The Spa had to be neutral in palette and complementary lighting, evoking a sense of calmness. Every aspect of the design is meaningful to me; from the dramatic crystal installation – which was inspired by the qualities that crystals have had on my life – to the imposing and dramatic, yet Zen sculpture acting as a reception desk.”
Celebrity infused natural elements into every moment of the experience at The Spa through an original concept called SEA – inspired by the Sea, Earth, and the Air – which transcends the design of The Spa and treatments.
SEA unites every experience throughout the wellness journey. Bespoke blended essences fill the air, kickstarting the path to total bliss.
The Relaxation Lounge surrounds guests in a Zen-like ambience, clearing their mind before their treatments begin.
And every treatment starts with a unique welcome ritual to prepare one’s mind, body, and spirit for the pure, unadulterated pampering to follow.
“As we curated The Spa journey with Celebrity, the inspiration behind this revolutionary concept was to connect guests with nature while delivering distinctive sensory experiences, uncompromising service, and a wealth of new wellness choices that are exclusive at sea,” said Glenn Fusfield, President and CEO, One Spa World, LLC. “We’ve created a concept that not only evolves spa and wellness but sets the new standard.”
Celebrity has teamed up with the leading authorities in their fields to harness cutting-edge technological and therapeutic innovations to create a spa experience unlike anything else.
There are more than 124 treatments, including signature offerings such as the Ocean Spa Wave Massage, Hot Mineral Body Boost, Poultice-Powered Muscle Release, Zero Gravity Wellness Massage, Restorative Salt Stone Massage, and Thousand Flower Detox Wrap, to name a few.
From wellness to beauty to fitness, The Spa on Celebrity Edge also features a lineup of first-at-sea and brand-first offerings for guests to enjoy, including:
- Celebrity is excited to unveil the SEA Thermal Suite, the next evolution of the popular Persian Garden on the brand’s current fleet, with eight distinctive therapeutic experiences harnessing the benefits of natural elements: the Hammam, Salt Room, Steam Room, Rainfall Water Therapy Room, Float Room, heated tile loungers, Infrared Sauna, and Crystalarium. AquaClass guests receive complimentary access to the SEA Thermal Suite, among other complimentary amenities
- The first line of ELEMIS BIOTEC facials ever offered on a Celebrity ship
- A specialty treatment table collection that’s unrivaled at sea, including:
- Spa Wave MLW Amphibia Table: A first at sea, water filled cushions adapt to guests’ unique anatomy for the ultimate in comfort, as well as customizable color therapy lighting o WellMassage4D® Table: This award-winning treatment table, a Celebrity first, uses breakthrough technology to deliver a deeper and more relaxing massage
- MLX Quartz Table: Another Celebrity first, warm crystals mold and shape around the body, releasing muscle tension and promoting a deeper state of relaxation
- Ideal Image® Ocean, The Advanced MedSpa, is another first at sea, offering aesthetic services such as Dysport® Wrinkle Treatments and Restylane® Dermal Filler Treatments
- Celebrity will partner with Kérastase®, one of the world’s most advanced luxury haircare brands, to introduce the first ever Kérastase® Institute at sea
- The Barber offers traditional hot shaves and fresh cuts for the modern man
- Guests can relive their experience at The Spa at home with the same luxurious products used in treatments on board found at the interactive ELEMIS Ingredient Wall, which gives insights into the advanced science and natural ingredients behind the Celebrity’s line of ELEMIS products
- Ready to feel the burn? The Fitness Center will get those endorphins flowing with more Celebrity firsts, like hot yoga, Technogym® Group Cycle, Fitness on DemandTM, cardio boxing, the first Bungee Fit and Peloton® bikes ever offered at sea.
Celebrity Edge will spend her inaugural season sailing alternating seven-night eastern and western Caribbean cruise itineraries before transporting guests to the stunning vistas of the Mediterranean with a range of seven- to 11-night sailings from iconic cities like Barcelona and Rome in 2019.
Homeporting and cruising from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Celebrity Edge will be making her first sailing on December 1, 2018. Bookings are now open at www.celebritycruises.com/edge, or through a travel agent, and spa reservations can be made at www.celebritycruises.com/edge/spa/.
Celebrity Edge will be joined by three sister ships in 2020, 2021 and 2022.