The suspect has been charged under the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Act with:
- possession of a class A controlled drug,
- possession of a class B controlled drug,
- possessing a class A controlled drug with intent to supply,
- possessing a class B controlled drug with intent to supply
- and possessing criminal property.
He is expected to appear before Banbridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning, Thursday, November 16, for a first remand hearing.
As is normal procedure all charges will be reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service.
It is understood the charges are in connection with the seizure of suspected Class A and Class B controlled drugs worth an estimated street value of £160,000 and a quantity of cash.
The seizures were made following searches of two houses in the Bessbrook area yesterday, Tuesday 14 November.
A 27 year old man and a 27 year old woman also arrested as part of the same investigation have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.