THE Manchester suicide bomb suspect has been named by police as 22-year-old Salman Abedi.
Police said they were working to establish whether Abedi was working alone or as part of a group.
He blew himself up in the attack outside Manchester Arena, killing 22 people, including children, and injuring 59 others.
An eight-year-old girl is among the three named victims in the terror attack.
Saffie Rose Roussos was a pupil at Tarleton Community Primary School, and she had been attending the Ariana Grande concert with her mother and her older sister.
Her headteacher, Chris Upton, said her death had come as a “tremendous shock” and he described Saffie as “simply a beautiful little girl”.
He added: “The thought that anyone could go out to a concert and not come home is heartbreaking.
“She was loved by everyone and her warmth and kindness will be remembered fondly. Saffie was quiet and unassuming with a creative flair.”
Armed officers raided an address in the Fallowfield area, where Abedi was registered as living, and carried out a controlled explosion.
Alan Kinsey, who lives opposite the home on Elsmore Road, told how more than 20 officers wearing specialist firearms uniforms with helmets and goggles carried out an explosion then raided the house, sending in dogs to search the property.
He said: “They didn’t find anybody in the house at the time. We kept watching and they didn’t bring anybody out.”
The raid came as a 23-year-old man was arrested in nearby Wilbraham Road.
Simon Turner, who said that two “young lads” lived in the house, was standing in the street when officers made the arrest.
He said: “It was so quick, these cars just pulled up and all these police with guns, dogs, jumped out of the car and said to us ‘get in the house now’.”
He said the police surrounded the property in question, that officers “did something” and said “the next thing the door blew off the house”.
“It was like something from a movie scene, it was unbelievable really,” he added.
Islamic State has claimed one of its members – a “caliphate soldier” – was responsible for the attack on Monday night at the Ariana Grande concert.
:: A hotline has been set up for those with concerns over loved ones who remain unaccounted for. Those worried about their friends or family should call 0800 096 0095.