POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a young man who died after a night out in Belfast.
The family of Jamie Burns have sounded an emotional warning about the dangers of drugs.
Mr Burns, 23, collapsed at Queen’s University Student’s Union in south Belfast in the early hours of Sunday.
Mr Burns was taken by ambulance to hospital, but died a short time later.
His family said they believed he had taken ecstasy and died after making one “stupid mistake”.
His sister, Gemma, warned others not to do the same thing.
“It’s not worth it, don’t do it. This family will never be the same again. My brother was loved so much by so many different people,” she said.
“You only have to look at his Facebook to know how many people loved him.
“Anybody thinking about it, don’t do it.”
Gemma said her brother got “tempted into trying something different.”
She said the “hole” left within the lives of the family “can never be filled”.
“We are broken”, she added.
A post-mortem examination is to take place to establish the cause of his death.