THE PSNI’s Reducing Offending Unit has had another busy week arresting criminals and putting them before Belfast Magistrates’ Court.
Most of them were detained at the custody suite at Musgrave PSNI station in Belfast city centre.
And others were sent to prison after their cases were dealt with by the courts.
* A 17 year old was arrested and charged for Theft, Criminal Damage and Assault on Police. He appeared before court and was bailed.
* A 20 year old man was arrested and charged for Aggravated Taking and Driving Away. He is due to appear in court later in the month.
* Another 20 year old man who was released on license, was arrested and charged for Possession of an Offensive Weapon. He is now back in prison for breaching his licensing conditions.
* A third 20 year old man was sentenced to 9 months imprisonment having been convicted of Aggravated Taking and Driving Away.
* A 30 year old man was sentenced to 9 months imprisonment having been convicted of Burglary.
* And finally a 24 year old man was sentenced to 9 months imprisonment followed by release on license for 15 months, having been convicted of Aggravated Burglary.
Said a police spokesperson: “Without information from you, the public, our ROU team couldn’t do the great job they are doing.
“If you see any suspicious activity in your area ring 101 or if you wish you stay to stay anonymous contact us through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Thank you for your support.