‘DRUNK DRIVER’ BAILED AFTER HE PLOUGHS INTO CREW ON BELFAST TV SET

Police sceneAN alleged drink driver has been released on police bail after he mowed down six people on the set of crime scene reconstruction in Belfast.

The 24-year-old had been arrested on suspicion of driving whilst unfit and causing grievous bodily injury by dangerous driving following the incident on Monday night.

Actors from Extras NI along with a TV crew were just about to set up and start filming for a reconstruction for RTE’s Crimecall when the incident happened at Falcon Road just off Boucher Road.

A source said: “The car just came out of nowhere. It hit them with such force they are lucky none of them were killed.

“It was pretty horrific.”

A major incident was declared at the Royal Victoria Hospital and all doctors were called in to help.

Four men and two women were ferried by a fleet of ambulances to the RVH for treatment.

Two are said to be “critical but stable” in the intensive care unit.

One young man has a fractured leg, lacerations to his face and he has lost a lot of teeth.

Other actors and crew are also said to have abdominal injuries.

 

Share |


Comments are closed.

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us