POLICE have released the first pictures of a deadly bomb placed on a lorry by the Continuity IRA last week.
The bomb was found five days after the PSNI was first last alerted last Friday, January 31.
An initial report said the device was on a lorry at Belfast docks which was to board a ferry to Scotland.
But on Tuesday, after a massive search, the device was attached to a lorry at Silverwood Industrial Estate in Lurgan.
Detective Superintendent Sean Wright said: “Today I am releasing two photographs of the device found attached to a heavy goods vehicle in the Silverwood Industrial Estate.
“These images clearly show the explosive device attached to the lorry.
“They also demonstrate the sheer recklessness of those who knowingly put the driver, road users and the wider public at risk of death or serious injury.
“I continue to appeal to anyone who was in the area of Silverwood Industrial Estate between 4.00pm and 10.00pm on Friday, 31 January and who may have noticed any unusual activity in the area to contact police.
“In addition I ask that anyone who was driving in the area and who would have dash-cam footage around these same times that they contact police, as a matter of urgency.”