THE Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland over the next week (July 28- August 3).
For more details click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto http://www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland
• Happy Days Enniskillen International Beckett Festival, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh July 31- August 10. Say ‘HAPPY DAYS’ to the world’s largest annual multi-arts celebration of Irish Nobel Prize writer, Samuel Beckett, who attended Portora Royal School in the island town. The Festival opening event will showcase the great play ‘EN ATTENDANT GODOT’ (Waiting for Godot), sure to be a beautiful and moving performance.
• Coastal Life, Exploris Aquarium, Portaferry Co Down until July 31. Experience a mix of exhibitions and demonstrations at Northern Ireland’s public Aquarium and seal sanctuary where the wonders of the Irish Sea are presented through an enjoyable and interactive experience.
• Dale Farm Milk Cup, Co Londonderry and Co Antrim July 27-August 1. Enjoy the thrill of the Northern Ireland Milk Cup. The event, taking place at venues throughout the North Coast has attracted teams from almost 60 countries around the world including the USA and Africa. Former Westlife singer Nicky Byrne will open the event on the 27th, returning to a competition he played in on no less than three occasions.
• Wildlife Summer Camp, Navan Centre & Fort, Co Armagh July 28 – August 1. Excite the kids this summer with a fun packed activity days which will give your little explorers aged 6-11 the opportunity to make new friends and appreciate the great outdoors!
• Feile an Phobail, Belfast, Co Antrim July 31 – August 10. The star-studded Feile an Phobail will give you the chance to enjoy a range of music including Laidback Luke, Boyzone and Soul II Soul. Comedy comes from Jason Manford with many other events making up a creative and community focussed programme.
• Ulster Rugby Family Fun Day, Kingspan Stadium, Belfast, Co Antrim August 1. This action packed fun day will include many interactive activities including skills sessions, a climbing wall, face painting and dance classes. A photo-booth will be set up for the opportunity to meet the players, get your picture taken and to get autographs. There will be a BBQ and the Food Village will be open for food and soft drinks throughout the afternoon.
• Stand Up Paddleboard River Trail, Swanns Bridge, Co Londonderry August 2. Try something unique, chilled out and fun this summer. Stand Up Paddleboarding is an ancient form of surfing (with a paddle) with a Hawaiian heritage. Emerging as a popular and competitive global sport.
• The John Hewitt International Summer School, Market Place Theatre, Co Armagh July 28 – August 1. A feast of arts and literature, the 27th John Hewitt International Summer School will bring together high profile writers, artists, performers, speakers and critics.
• Downhill Kite Festival 2014, Downhill, Co Londonderry August 3. This high-flying spectacle will offer fun for all of the family as a kaleidoscope of kites of all sizes fly over the stunning coastal estate. There will be kite performers, kite making, educational activities and a display from the Wild Geese parachute team. To add to the festive atmosphere there will be a kids’ area, bouncy castles, Segways, exhibitors, food stalls and much more…
• Omagh Festival, Strule Arts Centre, Omagh, Co Tyrone August 1-3. Omagh’s first Community Festival promises to be a fun time for the whole family with a wide variety of activities to suit all ages including a kids magic show, circus skills, Vintage Tea Dance, Raft Race and Duck Derby in Strule River, comedy and more.