Police say that over the course of last week, officers from Belfast’s Reducing Offenditong in Partnership unit disrupted a number of identified priority offenders.
1) A 22 year old man was arrested in connection with a burglary in East Belfast. He was charged and will appear at court later in July.
2) A 20 year old man was arrested in respect of 2 incidents in North Belfast. He was subsequently charged with burglary, 2 x counts of assault, possession of an offensive weapon and criminal damage. He was remanded in custody.
3) A 17 year old youth was arrested in respect of incidents in North and West Belfast. He was subsequently charged with 2 x counts of TADA, 2 x counts of disqualified driving, no insurance and going equipped for theft. He was remanded in custody.
4) A 28 year old man, who had been released on licence, was arrested and charged with theft and possession of a Class C drug in respect of an incident in South Belfast. He has subsequently been recalled to prison.
5)Two 21 year old men were arrested in relation to an incident in South Belfast. Both men were charged with criminal damage and vehicle interference and appeared before the next available court.
6) A 28 year old man was sentenced to 3yrs imprisonment in respect of a serious assault. At least 18 months must be spent in custody followed by a period on licence.
7) A 17 year old youth was sentenced to 2 months imprisonment in respect of an incident of criminal damage in North Belfast.
8) A 17 year old youth was sentenced to 5 months detention followed by 5 months probation in respect of a burglary in South Belfast.