THE Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) is encouraging locals and visitors to Fermanagh to rediscover some of the county’s most stunning visitor attractions for free.
It is part of the Discover Fermanagh Open Weekend which runs from March 7 – 9, supported by Lakelands & Inland Waterways, gets ready to kick off.
Over three days local Fermanagh people and visitors to the area from all over Northern Ireland will get to enjoy a whole host of planned events and activities which are completely free of charge, explains NITB’s Destination Officer Pauline Gormley.
“Fermanagh is a stunning place full of lakes, waterways and natural beauty and bursting with fun activities that suit all tastes.
“The Discover Fermanagh Open Weekend is the perfect excuse for people who live in the area to reacquaint themselves with some of the county’s most famous attractions and for newcomers to get out and see just what makes this such a wonderful place to visit,” said Pauline.
Pauline added: “It’s easy to forget what’s available in your area when planning a day out or when looking for activities to get involved in. Fermanagh has world-class and unique visitor attractions – as well as some great hotels, restaurants and bars and great local food producers – so this open weekend is a golden opportunity to experience it all again or to rediscover everything once more.
“From exciting underground tours at the Marble Arch Caves Geopark and enthralling history at the Enniskillen Castle Museum, to family fun at Castle Coole and an interactive tour of Belleek Pottery – there really is something for everyone.”
Fermanagh is renowned throughout Northern Ireland and further afield for its stunning scenery, fascinating heritage and inviting local hospitality explains Louise Curry, Project Executive, Fermanagh Lakeland Tourism.
“Fermanagh has a wealth of visitor attractions and a weekend like this is a great opportunity for people to discover all that Fermanagh has to offer.
“With so many attractions providing free entry over the weekend, there really is something for everybody to enjoy.”
To help you plan your visit to Fermanagh, NITB has put together a list of FREE must see visitor attractions available from 7-9 March, they include:-
* Aughakillymaude Mummers Centre, Derrylin: FREE admission Saturday 8 March, 10am-3pm
* Belleek Pottery, Belleek: FREE guided tours Friday 7 March. The Visitor Centre will also be open on Saturday 8 March (10am-5.30pm) & Sunday 9 March (2pm-5pm) but no guided tours available.
* Castle Coole, Enniskillen: FREE admission & house tours on Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March (Parkland open 10am-7pm, House tours 11am-4pm)
* Crom Estate, Newtownbutler: FREE admission to grounds & Visitor Centre on Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March (Grounds open 10am-5pm, Visitor Centre 11am-5pm)
* Drumskinny Stone Circle, Kesh: FREE guided tours on Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March, 1pm-4pm
* Enniskillen Castle Museums, Enniskillen: FREE admission Friday 7 March, Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March, 10am-5pm
* Florence Court: FREE admission & house tours on Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March (Grounds open 10am-7pm, House tours 11am-4pm)
* Garden of Celtic Saints, Irvinestown: FREE admission Friday 7 March, Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March.
* Headhunters Railway Museum, Enniskillen: FREE admission Friday 7 March 9am-5.30pm, Saturday 8 March 9am-5.30pm & Sunday 9 March 10am-5pm.
* Janus Figure, Boa Island: FREE guided tours on Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March, 1pm-4pm
* Lady of the Lake, Killadeas: FREE sailing on Saturday 8 March at 11.30am & 1.30pm (Advanced booking required)
* MV Kestrel- Erne Tours, Enniskillen: FREE tour of Enniskillen Island Town every hour from 12pm-4pm on Saturday 8 March
* Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark, Florencecourt: FREE tours of Marble Arch Caves Saturday 8 March & Sunday 9 March, every 30 mins from 12.30pm-4pm.
* Tully Castle, Derrygonnelly: FREE guided tours at intervals throughout Saturday 8 March 10am-4pm & Sunday 9 March 12noon – 4pm.
* Share Inishcruiser, Lisnaskea: FREE cruise of Upper Lough Erne on Saturday 8 March 10.30am & Sunday 9 March 10.30am (Booking essential)
* Walk & Talk Tour of Enniskillen: FREE tours of Enniskillen town on Sunday 9 March at 12 noon & 2pm.