THREE TREATED FOR SMOKE INHALATION AFTER HOUSE FIRE

Smoke-Detector-300x228A WEEKEND house fire was a timely reminder of the importance of having a working smoke alarms in homes, the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service has said.

Three people escaped injured in the blaze in a terrace house in town in the early hours of Sunday morning last.

Crews from Strabane and Newtownstewart attended the fire in Patrick Street.

It has emerged sounding smoke alarms had alerted neighbours who made an emergency “999” call.

Three people were treated at the scene by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.

The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was evidence of the importance of having a working smoke alarm installed.

Homeowners have been advised to check they have a smoke alarm and test it to ensure it is working.

A free home fire safety check is available from the Fire Service.

Firefighters will check for appliances that could cause fire, help with any actions to avoid fire and most importantly ensure that a smoke alarm is working. If necessary they will fit a free smoke alarm.

To arrange a free home fire safety check telephone 028 9260 0477, text phone/Minicom 028 9262 8800 or go to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service website www.nifrs.org for further information.

Share |


One Response to THREE TREATED FOR SMOKE INHALATION AFTER HOUSE FIRE

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us