A 33-year-old man has been charged after a petrol bomb was thrown at a Belfast city centre pub at the weekend.
The man is accused of several offences including common assault, criminal damage, making a petrol bomb and throwing a petrol bomb.
The charges relate to an incident on Saturday evening at Kelly’s Cellars in the Bank Street area.
He will appear at Belfast Magistrates’ Court on Friday 23 August.
The incident happened around 8 pm but the deadly device failed to ignite although it shattered across the bar.
Earlier in the evening, a man had been asked to leave the bar by staff because he was in breach of the bar’s dress code.
Bar manager Kieran Upritchard said there was a commotion in the bar after the device was thrown.
However, he said calm was quickly restored.
“After the guy was arrested it was business as usual,” said the bar manager.
“Thankfully nobody was injured.”
While police were dealing with the incident, a 32-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police.
He was later released pending a report to the Public Prosecution Service.