Fire appliances from Knock and Central stations rushed to the blaze in an end-terrace house at Leven Place in Tullycarnet shortly after 10.30am yesterday.
Three people who had escaped the blaze before the arrival of firefighters were treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation.
The woman, who also sustained burns, was taken to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
A dog died in the incident.
A spokesperson for the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said the occupants of the house were alerted to the blaze by a smoke alarm and that the the cause of the fire “appeared deliberate.”