MAN TO FACE COURT OVER CHILD SNATCH BID

Omagh magistrates courtA 55 year old man has been charged with attempted child abduction and common assault.

He is due to appear at Omagh Magistrates court today.

Detectives launched a manhunt earlier this week after attempt to snatch a young girl from the garden of her home.

A PSNI spokesman said the child was grabbed by the arm by a man in the Cookstown area of Co Tyrone.

The man drove into the driveway of a house in Drumenny Road in Coagh on Wednesday.

However, he fled the scene in his car without the child when its child’s mother came out of the house to investigate.

Police say the vehicle is described as an old-style dark blue car with a red letter S on the boot.

The man was said to be in his late 50s, over than 5ft 8” tall and having short grey curly hair.

He was wearing a long red-sleeved jumper and dirty jeans.

Detectives in Co Tyrone have asked for anyone with information about the incident to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.

As is usual procedure the charges will be reviewed by the PPS.

Share |


One Response to MAN TO FACE COURT OVER CHILD SNATCH BID

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us