TODDLER TAKEN TO HOSPITAL AFTER HOUSE FIRE

Toddler boy taken to hospital after house in the Waterside area

Toddler boy taken to hospital after house in the Waterside area

A two-year boy was among two people treated in hospital following a house fire.

Firefighters from Crescent Link and Northland Road fire stations attended the blaze at a terrace house in Seymour Gardens in the Caw area of the Waterside shortly before 5.45pm on Tuesday evening.

The fire in the kitchen of the two storey property was dealt with by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.

A 25 year old woman and the toddler were taken to Altnagelvin Hospital by ambulance to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said smoke alarms were “actuating” in the house at the time of the call.

Share |


Comments are closed.

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us