ORGANISER OF BELFAST ‘LOYALIST PEACEFUL PROTEST’ TO BE PROSECUTED

Loyalist parade Saturday, Sept 21THE PSNI are to prosecuted the organiser of last Saturday’s loyalist protest march in Belfast.

Around 1,000 loyalists took part in the march through parts of Belfast city centre.

Assistant Chief Constable Will Kerr told the Policing Board that the unnamed organiser of the parade had been spoken to by police.

The man from Co Antrim attended a voluntary interview at Musgrave Street Police Station in Belfast this week.

ACC Kerr said he would be prosecuted for breaching a Parades Commission ruling.

Two police officers were injured at the junction of Tennent Street and Crumlin Road in north Belfast as they blocked demonstrators who left the designated route.

One of them was knocked unconscious.

The march began an hour late, breaching a Parades Commission ruling that had instructed the protesters to leave the city hall area by 12 midday.

 

Share |


2 Responses to ORGANISER OF BELFAST ‘LOYALIST PEACEFUL PROTEST’ TO BE PROSECUTED

  1. Pingback: Up to 15 shots fired at police patrol | seachranaidhe1

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us