POLICE have allowed evacuated families back to their homes following a security alert in east Belfast.
The alert was sounded following a report of a suspicious object found at a house at Cherryhill Park, Dundonald, on Saturday.
Army technical officers were tasked to the scene.
Following an examination, the ATO declared it a hoax.
As a result, the PSNI have re-opened Cherryhill Park.
East Belfast Alliance Party MP Naomi Long said people had been forced from their homes due to the “mindless and reckless actions” of those behind the alert.
“The vast majority of the public are opposed to the actions of those behind the recent bomb attacks and security alerts. They do not want to see Northern Ireland return to the dark days of the Troubles,” she said.
“If anybody has any information about this security alert then I would urge them to contact the police.”
Police have appealed for anyone with information about suspicious activity in the area to contact them on 0845 60 8000.