DETECTIVES from the PSNI’s Serious Crime Branch have charged with a number of firearms offences.
The 27-year-old suspect was arrested on Saturday in the Meadowbank area of Derry by detectives following a planned operation.
The man faces charges of:
* possession of two military hand grenades in suspicious circumstances;
* possession of a sub-machine gun;
* and two pistols in suspicious circumstances;
* possession of firearm magazines;
* possession of a stun gun;
* and possession of CS gas spray.
He will appear in Derry Magistrates’ Court on Monday amid tight security around the building.