IF you and the family are stuck for something to do, over the next fortnight the Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of exciting things to do in province from May 20 – June 2.
• Continental Market comes to Newcastle, Co. Down, May 21 – 22. The Continental Market is once again coming to Newcastle, with a variety of continental foods and crafts, with something for everyone to enjoy.
• Ballyclare May Fair, Ballyclare Town Centre, Co. Antrim, May 21 – 26. The picturesque market town will be a hive of activity with the traditional horse fair, continental market, fun fair, craft stalls and live music.
• Blues on the Bay Festival, Warrenpoint, Co. Down, May 22 – 27. Now in its 15th year, The ‘International Guinness Blues on the Bay Festival’ started out with only 20 gigs and has now progressed into one of the World’s most popular blues festivals. Enjoy five days of blues music featuring world class international Jazz and Blues performers. As well as this there will be music workshops, a picnic and a busking competition.
• Armagh City Craft Fair, Market Place Theatre and Arts Centre, Co. Armagh, May 24 – 25. This year the craft fair promises to be bigger and better with more craft stalls selling high quality and affordable craft including textiles, jewellery, glass, ceramics and wood. There will also be craft demonstrations and workshops available for children and adults.
• Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival, various venues, Belfast, May 25 – 27. This festival will celebrate the city’s unique maritime heritage alongside Titanic activities that will include tours, talks, exhibitions and drama as well as family friendly entertainment and music throughout the three days.
• Big Foot Walk 2013, through the parks and country lanes of Tyrone and Armagh, May 26. An endurance walking event linking the historic towns of Dungannon and Armagh and two of the most historic sites in Ireland, O’Neill’s Castle and Navan Fort. The route twists through the parks and country lanes of Tyrone and Armagh for 18 miles. Make sure to bring walking shoes, sensible clothing, light rain gear, a mobile phone and walking stick/poles.
• Country Fair, Florence Court, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, May 26. Enjoy this annual country fair which will have a variety of local craft stalls, you can also see beautiful vintage vehicles and meet some interesting rare breeds.
• Jazz in the Gardens, Mount Stewart, Newtownards, Co. Down, May 26. Bring your picnic and settle down with your family and friends to enjoy an afternoon of jazz in the beautiful setting of the lawns at the front of the house.
• Next Steps Comedy Tour, Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, June 1. Join five of the best on the Northern Ireland emerging stand-up comedy scene for a night of belly busting laughs.
• Carnival of Colours, Ebrington, Co. Derry, June 1 – 2. The much anticipated festival brings the very best of international street theatre and an eclectic mix of side shows and attractions to folk of all ages. Two Big Tops will be bursting at the seams with fun, while mysterious secrets of giant proportions will be hiding in the trees throughout the park.
For more details on these and other events, Callsave 1850 230 230 or click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events