By TIM HEDGLEY, TRAVEL EDITOR
NORTHERN Ireland’s new Travel Insurance provider, Multitrip.com is reminding people to check their insurance cover and take additional Travel Disruption cover when travelling this summer.
Strike action is already starting in Europe with some airlines and is a worrying indication of continued difficulties to come in the Aviation Section in summer months ahead.
Many policies exclude cover for Strike action and do not provide any cover as it would be the Airlines responsibility to provide a refund to the customer for a cancelled flight or provide an option to travel on a different date.
Multitrip.com Premier and Premier Plus Cover levels do provide unique cover for Strike action which will cover pre-paid accommodation costs should you be unable to travel out to your destination due to strike or industrial action.
Anyone travelling over the coming months should look at additional Travel Disruption cover which is available on all Multitrip.com policies which will provide cover in the event of Strike action with cover provided as follows:
• If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours it covers additional accommodation and Travel costs up to £1,000.
• If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours then you can claim back up to £1,000 for irrecoverable unused Travel and Accommodation costs should you cancel.
• Claim back up to £1,000 for accommodation if you have to be moved from your current location or cut your trip short because of Flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption etc.
• Covers cancellation or curtailment charges should the Foreign & Common wealth office or World Health Organisation advise against travel the country or specific are you are travelling to.
• Gives you control of the situation and the added security that you have sufficient cover should and Airline cancel, delay or re direct your flight after take-off.
In addition, Multitrip.com Travel Disruption cover also provides cover for other situations including extreme bad weather, riots or civil commotion.
As we have seen many times with bad weather, taking to the skies is all too easily disrupted by a change in weather.
Ciaran Mulligan, Joint Managing Director says: “It is important that customers are aware of what they are covered for unexpected Strike Action, poor weather or god forbid the return of Volcanic Ash.
“We are pleased to have this unique benefit for various costs so that if a passenger is unable to travel it will mean they do not lose out financially on the entire cost of their trip and we also provide optional additional Travel Disruption Cover for further protection. ”
Consumers can purchase Travel Disruption cover from as little as £17 on an Annual policy or £9.99 on Single Trip policies.
Save Money Before You Go!
Anyone hiring a car abroad whilst on holiday will be aware of the additional extras which increase costs, especially in relation to Car hire Excess insurance.
Instead of purchasing this extra cover from the Car Hire Company which can cost up to £10 a day, this product is available from Carhireexcess.com from £1.99 per day and can provide substantial savings against the prices that are currently charged by rental companies for this product.
The policy covers the excess amount charged should there be any damage to the rental car including damage to Windscreen/Glass, Tyres, Wheels, Roof and Undercarriage. In addition our policy also includes personal possessions and key cover.
Five additional drivers can be added to this policy free of charge also giving a provision to add Family Cover to the policy this will also allow family members to have rentals in their own name which will permit all family members the flexibility to travel independently. Available from www.carhireexcess.com