‘OPERATION STANDSTILL’ PROTESTS DUE ON FRIDAY EVENING

Det Sup Sean Wright heads up 'Operation Dulcet'

Det Sup Sean Wright heads up ‘Operation Dulcet’

ONLY seven ‘Operational Standstill’ protests are due to be held on Friday evening.

The number is considerably less than those held last month in a row over a decision by Belfast City Council taken on December 3 to only fly the Union flag on designated days.

Police have set up ‘Operation Dulcet’ to probe the protests along with the resulting public disorder in east Belfast and Co Antrim.

To date over 200 people have been arrested and 100 police officers have been injured.

On Thursday, the Policing Board was told that ‘Operation Dulcet’, headed up by Detective Supt Sean Wright, have sent hours of CCTV footage to the Metropolitan Police to help enhance pictures and identify those involved in incidents of serious rioting.

PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott told the board that since the protests started on December 3, the cost of policing demonstrations and quelling street trouble has topped the £15.6 million mark.

Protests planned for Friday evening are:

* Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh;

* Cloughfern Corner, Newtownabbbey, Co Antrim;

* Carrickfergus and Larne, Co Antrim, 6.30 pm;

* Albertbridge Road, east Belfast, 7pm to 8 pm;

* Boyne Bridge, Sandy Row, south Belfast, 6pm to 7 pm;

* Waterside in Derry/Londonderry, 6pm;

* Tandragee, Co Armagh, 7pm.

 

 

Share |


3 Responses to ‘OPERATION STANDSTILL’ PROTESTS DUE ON FRIDAY EVENING

  1. John says:

    So its not really Operation ‘standstill’ just a few spides and fish wives blocking a few random roads. Bit of a non story don’t you think? yawn

  2. Pingback: Operation Standstill: le proteste di venerdì 8 febbraio | Les Enfants Terribles

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us