SIX men faced Belfast Magistrates Court on Monday charged in connection with street trouble last week.
Martin Edgeworth, 41, Linfield Avenue, Belfast, was accused of attacking a police Land Rover with part of a chair at Shaftesbury Square on Friday.
Mark Nicholl, Christopher Thompson, Alan Joseph Paul Heaney, all 19, David Crooks, 18, James Colgan, 22, are accused of rioting at Rathcoole, Newtownabbey, on Saturday night.
All were released on £500 bail. A curfew from 8 pm to 7 am was impose.
District Judge Fiona Bagnall said if tensions eased she would look at relaxing the curfews.
She also told the accused they were banned from coming within 500 metres of any parade or protest.
The five accused of rioting in Rathcoole all had addresses in the area.
All six men are due back before the same court in the New Year.
In a separate case, the riot charge against another 19-year-old man was withdrawn due to a lack of evidence linking him to trouble near Rathcoole.
It emerged that his legal team had also brought emergency High Court proceedings on Sunday to challenge the case being made against him.
Meanwhile, a 13-year-old boy, three aged 14, a 15-year-old and another, aged 16, have appeared before Belfast Youth Court on rioting charges.
They were all granted bail, but also banned from going near any future protests.