BALLYMENA BURNS BOY STABLE AFTER CLOTHES CATCH FIRE ON CANDLE

CSI officers at scene of Ballymena fire incident

A YOUNG boy is now in a stable condition in hospital two weeks after suffering burns to his body when his clothes caught fire on a candle.

The four-year-old boy sustained severe burns during the incident on the Larne Road, Ballymena on November 16.

Police investigators now believe a candle ignited his clothes while his mother had gone to a local shop for messages

It is understood a woman tried to help the child by beating out the flames with her hands.

The young child was first rushed to the Antrim Area Hospital, but was later transferred to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast.

He was first described as in a critical condition but on Thursday he was said to be in a stable condition.

His mum has been questioned by police about the incident.

Share |


Comments are closed.

FacebookTwitter
BD TV
Email Us